Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Winnipeg Info!


Miles to Winnipeg: 384
Expected weather: Below 50 degrees and it may be freezing.
Parents traveling with group: at least 10
Number of consecutive HBTS wins by Hopkins: 2
Traveling money: Players must pay for two dinners, two breakfasts and misc. snacks. (Lunch and Sat. dinner are provided by the tournament.)

Right now it is snowing in Winnipeg. The forcast for this weekend is low 40s maybe even 30s. That means dress warm! Wicking fabrics, layers, hat, and gloves are key. For reference here is what I will be bringing to winipeg:

What I am wearing (maybe some jeans, sweatshirt (the bus can get cold), etc... )

and then I am packing in my sports bag:
Under armor pants
Compresion Shorts
Athletic Shorts
A jersey
A white jersey/athletic shirt
An Under armor longsleeve shirt
A medium weight jacket
My handwarmer thing (instead of gloves)
A Winter hat
Some sweat pants
5 pairs of wool socks
My Cleats
A rain Jacket/Wind Breaker
sunscreen
some bandaids, medical stuff
A disc
A Water Bottle (with out water in it)

Then in my school back pack I am puting:
Stuff to do on the bus (homework)
A fresh change of cloths to wear after the games on Saturday and home on Sunday
Toiletries
A pair of swim trunks

I also recommend bringing a winter coat and gloves.

We are leaving Adath Jeshuran Synagogue on Hillside Lane across
from the Hopkins High School Lindbergh Fields at 2:00 PM on Friday Oct.13th.

That means be there at 1:30!

Also don't forget, you need to have a certified birth certificate or passport and a letter that states:

I _________________(the parent's name), give my child, (the child¹s
name)______________________________permission to travel to Winnipeg, Canada
from Minneapolis, Minnesota with the Hopkins Ultimate Team for the weekend
of October 13th thru October 15th for the Hold Back The Snow Ultimate
Tournament.

Signed

_______________________

Parent Name Printed________________________

Address printed______________________________


Phone number(s) printed _________________________

No comments: