Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Winnipeg chaperones

Parents, we still have seats available on the bus and would love to have you join us! There is a $65.00 charge for the round trip transportation, just to cover the cost of our bus. We will be traveling in a comfortable coach bus equipped with wireless Internet. A number of you have expressed an interest, but we now need a firm commitment. Please let me know ASAP if I don't already have you confirmed; I need to let the Holiday Inn know how many rooms to hold for us. The group rate they have extended to us is $135.00 per night which includes all taxes. They will hold the room for you as part of our booking, and then put it on your credit card at check in.



If you have any questions about traveling with us please contact me and I'll be happy to talk to you about it. If you don't know much about the game, this is a great way to learn. I didn't know a huck from a layout, had no idea how long games lasted, what a soft-cap was, or even who was supposed to be doing what on the field at any given time. Then I went to Chicago. Todd Leonard saw how confused I looked and gave me a little tutorial on Ultimate. I was hooked! I guarantee if you come to a tournament someone will be happy to teach you everything you need to know to be an informed spectator. Some might consider me a glutton for punishment because I continue to travel to every tournament I possibly can! But I can honestly say, that despite the sometimes poor weather, you'll never find better entertainment, and you will most definitely find yourself proud of and impressed with the way our kids play this game! It's also very refreshing in this day and age, when many sporting events seem to be filled with fighting and yelling, to see our players discuss the issue when a foul is called and work through the problem. How many other sports do you know of where they cheer for the other team after the game, or give an award to a player they think displayed the most spirit? They learn about a lot more than Ultimate out on those fields.

Please email me at semekler@gmail.com
or call me-
cell 612-817-7997
home 952-935-8357

I need to know by Wednesday, October 6th if you are planning on coming. I will be finalizing the numbers with the hotel first thing Thursday morning.

No comments: